Before you can access Consumer Reports ONLINE from DCLS, you will need:
•A computer or device with Internet access
•An active Delaware County library card
1. Go to the library’s homepage at:
2. On the left, click on: Research Databases
3. Then click on the link: Click Here for an
Alphabetical List of Databases
4. Scroll down and click on the database:
EBSCO MasterFile Elite
5. Login with your full Name and
Library Card Number
6. From the TOP tabs, click on: Publications
7. Type in “Consumer Reports” in the browsing field (in the second field shown, not the one at the top) and hit Browse.
8. Select the Consumer Reports Publication from the results list that you would like to search (choose from: Consumer Reports, Consumer Reports Buying Guide, Consumer Reports on Health, or Consumer Reports Travel Letter).
9. Click on the blue link: Search within this publication
10. Click on the Advanced Search feature
11. Next, enter your search words in the second field (and third, if needed) shown below and hit Search.
12. A list of articles will display that can be selected for reading. If you need to refine your search, you can choose from the options on the left hand side of the screen (limit by: publication date, full text, peer reviewed, cover story, etc.)
10. If you need more help with searching, please feel free to ask a librarian!
Click here for a printable PDF of these directions.