Borrowing eBooks on your Nook
Before you can check out ebooks from DCLS, here’s what you need:
- An active library card
- A computer with an Internet connection
1a.Start by downloading Adobe Digital Editions from www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions. (It’s free!)
1b. During the installation of Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), you’ll be prompted to enter your Adobe ID and password. If you do not already have one, you can create one then by clicking “get an Adobe ID online.” After setting up ADE, restart your computer.
2. After restarting your computer, proceed to digitallibrary.delcolibraries.org.
3. Use either the search bar or browse to find an available book that you wish to download.
4. When you see a book you’d like to check out, click on the cover.
5. Click “Borrow.”
6. Enter your library card number.
7. Click “sign in.”
8. Click the button that says “Download (select format)”
9.Select “EPUB ebook”
10. Click “Confirm & Download.” Your book will now automatically download to your computer.
11. Once the ebook has downloaded onto your computer, it should appear on the desktop.
12. Double click the ebook icon to open the file in ADE. When the file opens, it should open into the book.
If you want, you can read your ebook like this, on your computer. You can also transfer your ebook to your device.
13. Click the “Library” button in the upper left hand corner.
14. Connect your ereader (NOOK, Sony Reader) with its USB cable.
15. Your ereader should appear under your “bookshelves.”
16. Click and drag your book (you’ll see it in the right hand pane of ADE) onto your device.
17. After transfering the ebook to your device, eject your device from your computer.
Still have questions?
|nook download guide website.pdf||172.03 KB|