Borrowing eBooks on your Kindle
Attention Kindle Fire users!
Downloading library ebooks for the Kindle
Before you can check out ebooks from DCLS, here’s what you need:
- A computer that connects to the internet
- An active library card (if your card is expired or you have a fine of over $10, please call the library at 610-446-3082)
- Your Kindle / Amazon ID and password
- Wifi-enabled Kindle or the Kindle USB cable
1. Go to digitallibrary.delcolibraries.org.
2. Use either the search bar or browse to find an available book that you wish to download.
3. When you see a book you’d like to check out, click on the cover.
4. Click “Borrow.”
5. Enter your library card number.
6. Click “sign in.”
7. Click the button that says “Download (select format)”
8. Select “Kindle ebook”
9. Click “Confirm & Download”
10. Once on the Amazon site, click “Get Library Book.”
11. If you are not logged in to your Amazon account, you will be prompted to do so now. If you already are, skip to step 12.
12. Select the device you wish to read your ebook on and click “Continue.”
If you have a wifi-enabled Kindle, you’re done!
To load your ebook onto your Kindle without using wifi:
You're all set to start reading!
Still have questions?
Stop by the Reference Desk or call us at 610-446-3082 x201. We can also set up a one-on-one tutorial to walk you through the process.
|Kindle download guide website.pdf||287.17 KB|