Get a Library Card
If you live in Delaware County:
Anyone residing in Delaware County is eligible to receive a library card (there is no minimum age). Individuals 17 years old and younger will need to have a parent or legal guardian sign their application.
To obtain a library card, you will need identification with your current Delaware County, PA address. Identification accepted includes:
- Photo identification, such as a driver's license
- Bank checks with your name and address
- Cancelled mail with your name and address
- A rental agreement
You can apply for a card at any Delaware County Library System member library. You will be given a library card immediately upon filling out your application. Haverford Township Free Library does not place any restrictions on first-time use. (Other Delaware County Library System member libraries may have different policies.)
Your library card will have a blue Access PA sticker on it, allowing you to use your card at any library in PA. Each library will have its own policies. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the policies of each library you visit. You can access Haverford Township Free Library‚ policies here.
If you do not live in Delaware County:
- If you live anywhere in PA, you should get a library card from your home library. Make sure it has a blue Access PA sticker. The sticker allows you to use your card at any library in PA. Each library will have its own policies. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the policies of each library you visit.
- If you live in another state but work in Haverford Township, you are eligible for a card that can only be used at the Haverford Township Free Library. It will not have an Access PA sticker on it. Please be sure to bring proof of your current, legal address.
Once you have a Delaware County Library System card, you will have access to a number of 24/7 online resources. These resources include:
- Research, informational, and just for fun databases
- Digital audiobooks that you can download to most portable devices
- Access to your account
If you need more information or help, please contact the library by phone 610.446.3082 or email. We look forward to counting you as one of our customers.
Please see the Responsible Use of Library Card Policy for more information.