Our 1st Annual Chili Cook-Off was a huge success with 17 chili chefs and 135+ tasters - a good time was had by all thanks to the delicious eats including homemade chilis and a donation by Giant, drinks from Swiss Farms and the music of Last Chance Duo!
Voting was hot and the winners were:
Best Overall - Organization/Restaurant: Edgewood Cafe, Smokey Chipotle, Black Bean, and Prime Rib Chili
Best Overall - Individual: Torrey Creed, Ritz-Creed Pub & Spa Chili
Spiciest: Gregory Girolami, Dante's Inferno Chili
Best Vegan/Vegetarian: Cia Cingalia (pictured), Vegan Chili
Most Unique: Tom Shannon, Mosquito Island Camp Chili
Race to Nowhere - Tuesday, October 1st, 7pm
Register for the Race to Nowhere screening
Contains stories of young people across the country who have been pushed to the brink, educators working hard to prepare students for college while struggling with burn out, and parents who are trying to do what’s best for their children.
With individual donations from community members like you, we’ve had one of our busiest and best summers ever.
- Busiest Day = July 10th with 1,080 visitors
- Judy Wicks + HTFL + Oakmont Farmers Market + HPED = 1 great local author bash
- Philadelphia Zoo + 300 attendees = A lot of monkey-ing around!
- Total Circulation of Materials in July = 37,368 items
- 397 fans + 11 creators + 2 book stores + 15 staff = HTFL Comic
- Con Jazz + bossa nova + local talent = Free summer concert series
- 844 readers + 2,266 books + 332,672 minutes read = AMAZING!