Come find out what your favorite librarians have been reading! Join us for our annual Book Bites luncheon on Thursday, December 13th, at 12 noon in the Community Room.
$5 donation includes lunch, beverages, and dessert. Tickets are available at the Reference Desk now.
Drop your donation off at the Library during regular business hours. For more information call RSVP of Delaware County directly at 610-565-5563.
Did you miss the program featuring Dr. Kenneth Ginsburg at Haverford High School in October? You are in luck! The School District of Haverford recorded the program.
You can check out the DVD from the Library for FREE for three days - visit the Reference Desk to borrow a copy. You can also click here to stream the full program directly on your computer.
Fall programs are coming to an end this week in the Children's Room, but we'll be offering a variety of programs between Thanksgiving and the Christmas holiday.
From a reading incentive game for all ages to MusicWorks Circle Time for preschoolers, there's something for everyone - even a family movie every Monday!
My Confusion .... Stockbroker, registered representative, investment adviser, financial planner - What do all these titles mean? Join us on Wednesday, November 14th from 6-8pm for Evaluating and Choosing a Broker!
- Learn what these job titles mean and the types of services they provide.
- All investment professionals are required to be registered with the Pennsylvania Securities Commission. Find out how to confirm this and obtain a free background check.
- Learn the 'suitability obligation' of a registered representative/stockbroker and the 'fiduciary responsibility' of an investment adviser representative toward their clients.
- Commission? Fee only? Percentage of assets under management? Understand the compensation methods.
Registration requested. To register, go to www.delcolibraries.org or call Susan Purcell at 610-891-8622. Refreshments will be served.
Join Haverford Helps, a cooperative effort between the Haverford Township Board of Commissioners, The School District of Haverford Township and The Haverford Civic Council, to provide Hurricane Sandy Relief.
Monday, November 5th-Friday, November 9th
Haverford Township Municipal Building, 2325 Darby Road
Haverford Township Free Library, 1601 Darby Road
All Haverford Township Polling Locations, November 6th only
- Cleaning Supplies - contractor trash bags, rubber gloves, work gloves, safety glasses, dust masks, hand sanitizer, mops, buckets, sponges, bleach, disinfectant soap, spray cleaners, laundry detergent, batteries
- Baby Supplies - diapers, baby wipes, formula, baby food, blankets
- Food Supplies - bottled water, canned foods, Gatorade, non-perishables
- Paper Supplies - toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, cardboard boxes
Tax-deductible check donations will be accepted by the Haverford Township Civic Council by mail to PO Box 1072, Havertown, PA 19083 or tax-deductible credit card donations will be accepted at www.haverfordciviccouncil.org.
100% of all donations will be delivered directly to Hurricane Sandy victims by Commissioners: Steve D'Emilio (484-571-5521) and Mario Olivia (610-551-3846).
Volunteers needed to transport and sort donated items from Tuesday to Saturday. Box trucks needed for delivery of donations on Saturday, November 10, 2012. Please email to
Ever wonder what Ms. Patti’s been reading?
Third, fourth, and fifth graders are invited to join me for My Favorite Books, a tour of some of the books that I love and think you will too. See you there, Monday, November 12th at 4pm!
Do you have all of your questions answered about Medicare? Before Open Enrollment ends on December 7, come learn about one of the plan options in the Medicare Program: Independence Blue Cross on Friday, November 9th at 12:30 pm or Tuesday, November 27th at 7pm.
Tina Garrity of Senior Advisors Group will give a presentation on Blue Cross Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplemental Plans. She will highlight the plan benefits and changes for 2013.