Library Bulletin Board
Consistent with the American Library Association Bill of Rights, the Haverford Township Free Library Bulletin Boards and information areas are available for the posting of information related to educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities and events. The presence of a poster, brochure, flyer, or any other notice in the library does not necessarily indicate that the library either advocates or endorses the viewpoints expressed.
B. Conditions for Display
Designated staff shall review items to be posted in the library to determine compliance with this policy. The Library Director or Assistant Director shall make the final determination of compliance. Decisions may be appealed in writing to the Library Board of Trustees.
Materials to be displayed should be delivered to the Main Desk. Designated staff or volunteers will post approved materials on the appropriate bulletin board and/or information area. The library will remove items that have not been posted by the library designees.
Materials must conform to the space and time restrictions listed in Item C.
Approved materials will be assigned one of three categories listed in Item C and placed in the appropriate section of a bulletin board or in the information areas.
Designated staff or volunteers will remove materials as they become outdated and will remove items that have been posted for an excessive amount of time. The library cannot be responsible for their return.
C. Arrangement of Bulletin Board
- COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS AND SERVICES: This bulletin board shall be reserved for non-profit and/or public services that are of interest to the general public and provide information about source of help for the community, such as non-profit referral organizations, educational opportunities, and government assistance notices. Materials periodically will be rotated and/or discarded.
- EVENTS: This section shall be reserved for materials such as notices of coming events sponsored by area organizations. Materials will not be posted any sooner than one month prior to the event and will be removed and discarded after the event
- CLASSIFIEDS: This section shall serve as a “Want Ad” section and will be used to display notices of available or needed goods and services. Materials will be dated with the day of the posting and will be discarded on a “first on, first off” schedule.
- The size of all materials to be displayed shall not exceed 18” x 24”.
- Materials provided for display in the information areas will be considered eligible for display if they fall under the general guidelines of items C1, C2, and C3 and are available in quantity.
- The bulletin board reserved for Haverford Township Free Library information shall not be used for any other purpose.
Approved by the Haverford Township Free Library Board of Trustees 7/16/03
|Handouts-Displays Policy||29 KB|